Please enable Java in your browser.

Foxton in the 1920's

Foxton in the 1920's

This late 1920's scene changed little until 2002 when the New World Supermarket replaced the Moutoa Buildings (occupied at the time by J Walls) and Whyte's Hotel. On the opposite side of the street the Perreau Building's verandah stands out.

At the far end of Main Street stands the water tower which was completed in 1923 and was a milestone in the town's history as the high pressure supply reduced the number of disastrous fires and enabled the town swimming pool to be built.

Two other murals that were inside buildings are below.

Artist: Des Comyn

Sponsor: Property Brokers Ltd

Site: Clyde Street


Service

Service with a smile

The door in this mural often caused confusion! Unfortunately it is no longer in existence as the building has been replaced.

Top

Bauckham's Store

Bauckhams Store

This mural is no longer available to view.

Sicilian Vinyard

Sicilian Vinyard

This mural, no longer viewable, used to be inside what is now the Post Shop.

Artist: Des Comyn

Sponsor: Property Brokers Ltd

Site: Shop interior next to Property Brokers

Back to Murals

Top

Sponsored by the
Horowhenua District Council in association with the Foxton Murals Committee.

Site by Webdzine

Copyright Foxton Murals & Horowhenua District Council

[XHTML 1.0] [CSS]